Banana bread for me is an absolute go-to. It is so, so easy to make and it is always a big hit. It takes literally 20 minutes to make and you are set for many, many snacks to come. It can be a snack as well as a desert, you can serve it with a coffee on the side, with ice cream or just eat it like it is on-the-go. It is simply amazing in so many diverse contexts. Also, the smell of it baking in the house is absolutely amazing on a rainy Sunday afternoon. It just has a cozy aspect to it. Moreover, because of the simplicity of the recipe, it can easily be one that you make with your children to initiate them to the art of cooking and baking.
It is also a nice way to use your bananas that may be out of shape and not good enough to eat like that. Let me tell you, when you adopt a banana bread recipe, there is no way that you are going to lose a banana even again. You can also make it with frozen bananas if you have brown bananas that you wanted to keep.
I know I convinced you right ? Now, go and get out you bread pan.
Maple crumble :
-1/2 cup of uncooked oatmeal
-1 tablespoon of pure maple syrup
-1 tablespoon of melted butter
Banana bread :
-1 cup of all purpose flour
-1 cup of whole wheat flour
-1 teaspoon of baking powder
-1 teaspoon of baking soda
-1/2 cup of vegetable oil
-1/2 cup of pure maple syrup
-2 ripe bananas, mashed
-1/2 cup of milk
-1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
1. Preheat the oven to 180°C (350°F), with the oven rack in the middle.
2. Put flour in the pan, so the bread doesn’t stick.
3. For the crumble, mix the oatmeal, the maple syrup and the butter. Reserve.
4. In a large bowl, mix both of the flours, the baking powder and the baking soda.
5. In another bowl, beat the eggs, the oil and the maple syrup until the mix is uniform. Add the mashed bananas, the milk and the vanilla and mix well.
6. Pour the liquid ingredients in the dry ones. Mix delicately with a wooden spoon. Do not mix too much.
7. Pour the mix in the pan and add the crumble uniformly on top of the mixture.
8. Cook 55 minutes in the oven or until a toothpick comes out clean of the center.
9. Let it cool for 30 minutes.