This recipe is especially convenient if you are in a rush or if you wish to treat yourself to a simple, yet tasty dessert. It only calls for a handful of ingredients and does not require the use of a conventional oven. What’s more? You do not have to waste an incredible amount of time to do the dishes after enjoying this tiny cake, which is always appreciable.
The original recipe suggested to sprinkle some powdered sugar on top of the cake for serving. But as the maple syrup is only intended to replace the unhealthy granulated sugar in this dessert, the cake does not have a strong maple taste to it. That is why I suggest you pour a bit of syrup on top of the cake instead of powdered sugar. A small amount of maple sauce could also do the trick. Also, vanilla and plain yogurts are not the only flavors to be great ingredients for this recipe. For instance, you could try with strawberry or blueberry yogurt instead, depending on what’s in your refrigerator. A tablespoon of compote could also easily replace the yogurt if you are lactose intolerant.
As you can see, this cute, tiny cake can be made in quite a flash!
- 1 tbsp butter
- 2 tbsp pure maple syrup
- 1 tbsp yogurt
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- A pinch of salt
- Powdered sugar, for serving (optional)
1. Place the butter in a mug and melt in the microwave.
2. Add the maple syrup and mix using a fork. Add the yogurt and egg, and then mix again.
3. Gradually add the flour, baking powder and salt. Mix again until the texture is smooth.
4. Heat in the microwave for a maximum of 2 minutes, and let cool for a few minutes.
5. Sprinkle the cake with powdered sugar or drizzle some maple syrup on top of it.