This recipe is perfect for fooling your kids, because it actually looks like a cookie, but it contains a lot of nutriments and good ingredients. It is way more filling than your usual cookies, so you can use these to replace the less nutritive desserts in the lunch box. These are so delicious and soft. Also, the combination of the salty peanut butter with the sweet richness of pure maple syrup is a big hit, it has the perfect balance.
Also, it is a great snack to have when you are in a hurry because you can grab one in the freezer in the morning and eat it by lunch. Moreover, you can freeze them for up than 3 months, so when you bake a batch of these, you can be set for a certain amount of time. Although, let’s be real, they never really stay for that long.
-1/2 cup of pure maple syrup
-1/3 cup of natural peanut butter
-1/3 cup of milk (almond milk or regular milk)
-1/2 tablespoon of baking powder
-1/4 cup of chia seeds
-1 cup of flour
1. Preheat the oven to 350°F.
2. In a large bowl, put all the ingredients and mix well.
3. Put a parchment paper on a baking tray and make a cookie portion with the help of a spoon.
4. For a more cookie-like look, flatten the portion with the back of a spoon.
5. Bake in the oven for 15 minutes.